Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday Breakfasts




Don't you love weekends and holidays when you don't have to get up early and go to work? It means more time for breakfast! Possibly my favorite meal of the day, at least right up there with lunch, dinner, and snacks. Today being a no-work day gave me the chance to make my famous tah-dah Breakfast Potatoes. At least, they're famous to Lucy and me. She sometimes sits up like a little doggy and begs for them (homage to Joni and how she used to make babies and toddlers Nora and Mad beg for things----disgusting). My bfast menu for today was a 3-egg omelet (actually 1 egg and 1/4 cup egg beaters since the eggs are running low; I prefer 1 whole egg and 2 whites) stuffed with sauteed mushrooms, sauteed spinach, fresh tomatoes, and fat-free sharp cheddar cheese---yeah, I know, I know, fat-free cheese is a tool of the devil, but Lifetime from Whole Paycheck is at least edible and using it keeps me from having to count any Weight Watchers points for this opulent breakfast, so well worth it for me---Breakfast Potatoes to die for; canadian bacon; and a steaming hot cup o' joe straight from the coffee press. Not working is most civilized. Lucy slept too late for an omelet, but I fried up an egg and toasted a bagel for the little Princess. The kid is a good eater, albeit a veghead. I'm going to try to show both the omelet and the potatoes in their skillets, and a finale of my plate. After that, I could be found with my head on my plate and eyes rolled back in my head----like Randy used to do after a big bowl of ice cream! p.s. The gilding of the lily on the omelet is A-1 sauce: You can take the girl out of the country, but....

No comments:

Post a Comment