Sunday, July 18, 2010

BIG ol' Costco


Do you have a love-hate relationship with the Big Box stores, Sam's, BJ's, Costco? Love 'em for the selection and savings. Hate 'em for the hassle and waste--when I end up throwing away half of that big huge super-duper restaurant size thing. Sister and I used to split on some things, but not working so well for me these days. No matter--- I'm currently in deep-love with Costco, due to the fact they are the ONLY place within 100 miles that sells Rotel. Fact. I checked the Rotel website regularly during months of deprivation from this flavorful staple. Then, lo and behold, one day while strolling the aisle of the top floor (yes, my Costco has two floors--see photo) I spied it...a box of 8 cans of Rotel. Thus, deep love for all things Costco, at least for the present.

At the end of my Costco trip I always treat myself to a beautiful shrimp cocktail. I eat half of it after I put away my stuff, and take the remaining half to work for lunch the next day. I was just there today--here's a pic of some of my booty, and soon I'll blog ya on the wonder of Fage Greek yogurt--so I'm going to go nibble my shrimp now. (After I typed the word booty, I had to check the dictionary to make sure I was using it correctly as I know there are some other meanings currently in use that are not so appropriate. Relief: my usage was covered in the first and second definition in my Mac Widgets dictionary...I didn't even read further as I have shrimp on the brain now.)

p.s. The title "Big ol' Costco" is in honor of sweet Keely, who got what she called "Big Ol' Barbie" for Christmas when she was about 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment