Friday, December 31, 2010

Breakfast at our House


Don't you love days when you have time to make and eat a good breakfast? L and I are both breakfast eaters. I've heard her say many times that she can't believe how many kids at school don't eat any breakfast, and how in the world do they make it until lunch? Although I don't do new year's resolutions, I did work last year on going to work later---which had the added benefit of giving me time to make a more substantial breakfast many days. I like the idea of my little baby girl (don't tell her I said that) running off to the bus with a full tummy. And since I've become a whole wheat pita nut, nothing is easier than throwing an egg inside along with some lettuce and tomatoes and whatever else---but always with a good shake of Cavendar's Greek Seasoning. Today's filling was chopped up Morningstar Farms "sausage" patties and fried eggs, mixed up with lots and lots of Dijon and Spicy Brown mustard. We each had a clementine with it.
You know what they say: The most important meal of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment