Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fruit Loops

Last week at my WeWa meeting we reviewed a list of in-season fruits and veg, and I've been hungry for pineapple ever since. SCORE! Today I picked one up at Apple Farm, my fruit and veg market, for $1.99. Big mistake. I should have bought at least 2, probably 3---considering that I had to stop and eat the very first piece I cut, before I could even continue. Sweet, juicy, perfectly ripe...in fact, perfect in every way. I quickly put the rest in the fridge for L and me to nibble on, hopefully for a few days, but I kept thinking how much someone with little fat 3-year-old fingers would love to have one of those rings for a snack. So, if you have some of those little fat fingers at your house (or even if you don't!) look for a fresh pineapple this week, and enjoy.

Since I used to avoid buying whole pineapple
s because I didn't know how to prepare them, I thought it might be good to throw a visual tutorial in here.






Thank you, Pampered Chef apple corer!

By the way, I have a big pineapple corer/slicer from The Pampered Chef, but I find it easier to just use my big Santoku Chef's Knife.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the pineapples look wonderful! Thanks for the tip! What a great idea! And thanks for giving us healthy options for snacks for our nibblers - small to tall!! And yes, the Pampered Chef Santoku Chef's knife is my "go to" knife. It is so versatile and easy to manage. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....as a matter of fact, I DO have some fat three-year-old fingers at my house (and some really fat nine-month-old fingers too, but they're not old enough for pineapple yet....)!!! :) AND how crazy is it that I bought some pineapple at HEB the other day?? We love pineapple!! But, I didn't have your tutorial yet, and I didn't know how to cut it myself, so I had to pay a little more for the pre-cut kind! I think I will head to the fridge for some right now.... :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby: And don'tcha know those are just the fingers I was thinking of! Kiss all 20 of them for me....and some toes, too, please.

    ReplyDelete