Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lucy's Roasted Vegetables

Yesterday during a mid-day emergency refresher stop at Starbucks I asked Lucy to name three of her favorite foods. Of course the little high achiever wanted to know how general or specific she should be. After I told her it didn't matter, she named pasta, roasted vegetables, and fruit. Here's what she said about roasted vegetables: "I like the way you do them, but what I really mean is the ones to put on a sandwich." So today I roasted her a bunch of vegs specifically to put on sandwiches this week. I didn't think to take the "before" picture until I had already sliced the eggplant and salted it on paper towels to draw out a lot of the water. The main difference between these and the vegetables I usually roast are how they're cut (these are all done in long, thin slices) and that I used a lot more olive oil than usual.
Eggplant, yellow squash, red and green bell peppers, red onion, and carrots. For Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment