Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cupcakes On a Train


This afternoon I took the train to Manhattan, and proceeded to do practically nothing.  It was glorious.

I did a few things, but nothing that really counts.  I shoe-shopped the East side, to no avail---but that was ok, as I didn't know exactly what I was looking for anyway.  In between shoe stores, I made a few stops to monitor the Razorbacks' too-close-for-comfort win over much-reviled Ole Miss.  Leslie was keeping me up to date, and she thought I was probably the only person in Bryant Park following the Hogs!

Then I walked over to the West side to grab a burger at Angus McIndoe's---which I forgot to take a picture of, no doubt because of the vodka I sucked down while waiting for the food to arrive.  It was good, but about half my fries were too over-cooked to eat; bummer.  But the vodka was spot on.

I took the crosstown bus back to Grand Central, grabbed a pumpkin spice latte, and stopped at Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes to take home for Lucy and me, and for Rosa the landlady and her family.
Now I'm back home in time to watch the Cardinals beat the Rangers in Game 3 of the World Series.

Like I said, it was glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that cupcake is making my mouth water!! Actually, everything you do on here makes my mouth water! How fun to go to Manhattan for no reason--wish I could go too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete