Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ready, Set, Go

As happens every week about this time, tomorrow starts a new work/school week.  In my life, those weeks roll much better if I have taken a little time over the weekend (exactly 90 minutes today, in fact) to prep some food to get us through a few of the upcoming days.  We have a bit of a leg-up with these basics ready to go.

Cukes 'n onions, salt, pepper, white balsamic vinegar.  Done.

Chickpea salad with tomato, onion, olives, feta cheese, parsley, cucumber, Cavendar's Greek seasoning, red wine vinegar, and a tiny pour of olive oil.  I cooked the chickpeas from dried last night while I watched football--Go HOGS!--and have more in the fridge.  This salad goes great as a dinner side, or popped into a pita for lunch, sometimes with whatever other leftovers are around.

Vegetable soup.

Roasted vegetables for Lucy's Tofurkey lunch sandwiches.

Balsamic roasted onions for....anything and everything.  I think this week I want them on top of some mashed tomatoes or creamy polenta.

Here are a few other staples waiting in the fridge to make our lives easier during the week.

Cook's treat for all this productivity?  I got to rub a hunk of a fresh baguette in the unctuousness of the balsamic/olive oil/onion goodness left in my Pampered Chef bar pan.  I'm not sure, but I think my eyes rolled back in my head after I ate that bread.

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment